Export Navigator Program
Your Market Just Got Bigger.
Exporting allows you to expand the horizons of your small business beyond the local market. Export Navigator’s community-based advisors provide FREE support and ongoing guidance to help your business grow outside of B.C.
Whether you need export advice or help with developing export strategies and researching new markets, we are standing by to connect you with expert guidance.
Our advisors offer:
- An export readiness assessment
- A business readiness assessment
- Market entry strategy support
- Market tools and information
- Streamlined service connections to support services
Export Navigator is a partnership, with support provided by the Province of B.C., the Government of Canada, Small Business BC, Community Futures organizations, and Women’s Enterprise Centre.
Why Expand Your Markets?
Diversifies Your Customer Base
Expanding to new markets increases the size of your target market, may broaden your product offering, and offset seasonal fluctuations in sales.
Increased production generally leads to economies of scale and decreased cost per unit, which increases your profit margins.
Expanding to new markets fosters innovation in your goods and services, which enhances your competitiveness.
Are You Ready To Sell Beyond Your Current Market?
- Has your company received sales inquiries from outside of British Columbia?
- Does your company have excess production capacity or the ability to scale operations?
- Is your company’s management willing to dedicate time and money to develop a new market for a sustained period of time?
- Is your company willing to conduct market research?
- Does your product or service have a competitive advantage (quality, price, innovation, etc.) over similar products in your target market?
- Is your company able to secure financing to adapt, ship, and market your product in your target market?
Who Is Eligible?
Export Navigator is open to growth-oriented small and medium-sized businesses in B.C. in select regional service areas. Businesses must be willing to commit resources to the planning process, and sustaining a market entry strategy.
Export Navigator provides services in the following regions:
- Cariboo & Northeast
- Community Futures Fraser Fort George
- Community Futures Peace Liard
- Kootenay Boundary
- Community Futures Central Kootenay
- North Okanagan
- Community Futures North Okanagan
- Pacific Northwest
- Community Futures Pacific Northwest
- Vancouver Island North
- Community Futures Alberni-Clayoquot
- Vancouver Island South
- Community Futures Cowichan
Specialized services are available for:
- Indigenous-Owned Businesses
- CFDC of Central Interior First Nations
- Women-Owned Businesses
- Women’s Enterprise Centre
- Youth-Owned Businesses
Small Business BC
For businesses in the Lower Mainland and those outside of the program communities, the Province’s trade professionals and its network of international Trade and Investment Representatives are available to help your business.