Get Some Answers Now:

How can I see a Case Manager at Community Futures Boundary and what should I bring to an appointment?

You can call or come in to make an appointment with a Resource Worker, which is the first step to get your basic information before you see a Case Manager. You can contact either our Grand Forks office (250-442-2722) at 1647 Central Avenue, or our Greenwood office (250-445-6618) at 245 South Copper Street. You should bring the most recent version of your resume, your Social Insurance Number, photo I.D. and any information you may have researched relevant to your career plan.

Can someone else call or come in and get information for me from Community Futures Boundary?

We have a very strict confidentiality policy and we will not provide your contact information or any personal information without a Release of Information form that identifies the person you wish to have information released to. We will never provide personal information over the phone; the person to whom you would like your personal information released would have to come in to our offices with photo identification.

If I am working out of province and need resumes, how can I get them?

Call your Case Manager. If they can identify you, we could send copies of your resume to you.

Is there a cost to using Employment Programs of BC - Work BC Services?

There are no costs involved in using our employment services.

What is the minimum wage in British Columbia?

On June 1st, 2018, the minimum wage increased to $12.65 per hour for most workers. Minimum wage is $11.40 for employees who serve liquor. 

For further details on wage levels, please check the web site at - www.labour.gov.bc.ca/esb

What are my rights as an employee?

The BC Employment Standards Branch website can give you answers to any questions you may have concerning work standards in BC: www.labour.gov.bc.ca/esb. The closest branch office is at 310 Ward Street in Nelson, BC. Their phone number is 250-354-6550.

Who do I call if I have questions about Employment Insurance?

Contact EI TELEMESSAGE at 1-800-206-7218. They will have or will find answers to any questions you may have regarding Employment Insurance or the status of your claim.

How do I apply for Employment Insurance?

The Service Canada web site at - www.servicecanada.gc.ca is the quickest and most direct way to apply for Employment Insurance benefits. At Community Futures Boundary, we have computers and staff available to assist you in applying.